- Andrew, Chris, Conni, Ed, Lisa V, Melvin, Peter, Roger, Wayne
Minutes of Last Meeting
- Accepted as presented
|— no income —|
|— no expenses —|
ISR Report (World Service Conference)
- Conni presented her report of the WSC (see below)
- A definitive list/statement of the motions passed at the conference has not been circulated, but various attendees believe it includes the following:
- A voting process to approve motions at the conference
- Holding the 2014 WSC in the same venue in Los Angeles, at roughly the same date
- The Literature Committee Principles, as amended by the conference
- A more detailed quarterly financial statement from the GSB treasurer, including a balance sheet
- Guidelines for press interviews and articles
- GSB motions to be presented in the form of proposals; proposals needing discussion to be voted on at the following meeting
- Phone meetings need to meet Phone Committee guidelines in order to be listed on the website
Passed motions in bold.
- New meeting lists were circulated for distribution; the format is designed to be folded in four.
- Any ISRs not at the meeting or needing more meeting lists should contact Peter.
- The retreat is a three day vision workshop at the Bill Wilson house in Vermont, themed “I can see clearly now,” and designed to distill your vision.
- Lisa V will print 30 flyers for the retreat and distribute to meeting chairs to be announced at meetings.
- Peter S will announce the retreat to the MailChimp email distribution list.
- Conni will chair the Share-a-Day planning committee. Annie and Dorothy are also members.
- Preferred date for the event is January 11, with a back-up date of January 25.
- The planning committee was authorized to commit up to $750 for event space; this should include the morning, for the Intergroup meeting, and if possible, additional rooms for break-out sessions.
- It is not clear whether the liability insurance obtained by the Park Avenue Prosperity group actually confers any benefit on any other meetings.
- Roger will discreetly reach out to Al-Anon regarding their experiences with liability insurance.
- Wayne will likewise reach out to a lawyer in the program.
Spending Plan/Intergroup Budget
- Lisa will compile the expenses incurred by NY Intergroup to date, as preparation for creation of a spending plan.
- Elections will be held at the January Intergroup meeting (prior to the Share-a-Day).
- The new terms will begin March 2014.
- A short advertising blurb for the NJ meeting was approved.
- A session will be held at the next meeting to create/start creating a vision for the Intergroup.
- Vision committee will create a format for the vision session; the committee currently includes Lisa, Peter & Roger.
- The next meeting will be the second Saturday, October 12, upstairs at Zaro’s, Broadway and 21st Street.
- The following topics were not addressed at this meeting, and will be carried over to the agenda for the next meeting:
- Group inventory
- Outreach officer
- NY Intergroup website (purpose, content, etc.)
- Support for group inventories
- Intergroup by-laws
- Business meeting formats
- Please contact Peter S. with any additional items for the agenda.
- Tuesday HOW: meetings continue to be packed and in need of new space (Peter, co-chair)
- Park Avenue Prosperity: unknown when renovation of meeting space will be finished (Wayne, ISR)
- Prospect Street Prosperity: new meeting! (Roger, ISR)
- Emotions: meeting attendance has been fluctuating; low attendance last week due to heavy rain (Chris)
- Friday Brooklyn UA: low attendance, but serene (Ed, ISR)
- Nyack: still there (Andrew, ISR)
- Path to Abundance: well attended, 20+ (Chris, ISR)
- Seeds of Prosperity: wealthy group; new GSR/ISRs elected for next term, freeing Melvin up to do outreach (Melvin, ISR)
- Prosperity Saturdays: empty seats over summer months, struggling to pay rent (Lisa, ISR)
- UA How Arts: starting to fill out, 8-10 people, making rent (Peter)
IGSR Report (World Service Conference)
Day One: 27 August 2013
Welcome by Steve & Bella
Mike spoke on a Vision for the GSB:
- Fellowship (at the base of the triangle)
- WSC Conference
- GSB (at the tip of the triangle)
- Singleness of purpose
- Move forward, letting go of the past
- Defining how to work a UA program
Andrew spoke on the History of UA, about UA at a crossroads & defining UA for the newcomer
- UA’s anniversary is 10.15.13: 8 years old!
- UA’s promise is sustainable prosperity (keep’s the focus on the positive!)
- Core of UA: 1.. Find a sponsor, 2. Find a home group, 3. Work the Steps, 4. Use the Tools.
- LOGO: UA could use a new logo!
Ed spoke on the connection to a Higher Power, Being of service & the 4th Step resentments.
- 80/20 rule: 80% of the work gets done by 20% of the workforce.
- 5yrs from now, where do we want UA to be?
- Retreats globally
- A series of Intergroups
- Literature that captures the variety of what Underearning is.
- A suggested format for working the steps, possibly a workbook.
- “Earn What You Deserve” is “Conference Approved.”
- International Conferences
- Service Manual
- Willingness to create a context for your community
- Organic Growth
- “The Oxford Group”
Steve gave an update on the status of UA in LA, 10 meetings.
Day Two: 28 August 2013
Bella & Matt gave introduction & reminded everyone to be on time!
- It’s not the title, it’s he work
- A way of making decisions
- How we decide things …
- Literature: Our own literature, our own stories
- Fix UA Service Committee’s
Sign up for GSB Service Committees:
- I signed up for the Service Structure Committee. (Eddie, Janis, Ed W., John, Conni & Steve)
- Focus: How to do service in UA, a manual, By Laws, Implement Traditions & Concepts, Guidelines
- Literature: AA, DA
- Conference created
- possible “recommended” or “endorsed” literature
- Roberts Rules
- Full discussion
- Rules of Order for UA
- Principals: Patience, Tolerance & Compassion
- What is the issue?
- Discuss & Clarify the issue (Groups & Committees)
- Take It Further
- Decide Which Committee
- Committee creates a written proposal (follow criteria)
- Committee submits proposal for motion to GSB
- Short discussion @ GSB
- Vote @ GSB
- Statement of current problem
- specifics of what changes
- costs & impact
- why proposal addresses problem
- who will implement proposal
Committee Work: Service Structure Committee
GSR Reports given by each GSR rep.
Day Three: 29 August 2013
GSB Nominations & Elections: 6 positions
Committee Chair Nominations & Elections
Andrew is fun!
Committee Motion Presentations
Day Four: 30 August 2013
John V.: Preview of the Solution
- Steps 1,2,3 = give it up steps
- Step 4 = be honest
- Steps 5,6,7 = face up steps
- Step 8 =
- Step 9 = amends
- Steps 10,11 = practice, steps, vigilance
- Step 12 = Spirituality, Good will towards others, awareness & give back …
Peter: Creating a Work flow for Committees
- Roberta Rules
- Cost of the Committee Meeting
- Live by your Principals:
- Honesty, Openness, Integrity, Service, Vision, Passion, Courage, Action, Spiritually, Surrender, Tolerance, Forgiveness, Connection & Flexibility.
- A guardrail to keep us on track
- Agreement of the Problem
- Open discussion
- Narrow options
- Close discussion
- Come to a decision
- Negotiation is possible