Pending a more permanent location for this information, the UA GSR Committee has voted to temporarily to post its minutes on this unofficial UA related service website.
UA GSR Committee Meeting November 19, 2017 Report
The UA GSR Committee met November 19, 2017 at 1:30pm EST. No orders of business were completed, however the following motion was considered and tabled until our next business meeting. GSRs are encouraged to take the list up with their individual meetings:
Motion Regarding Recommended Requirements for the GSR Position
- Is actively working the steps in UA and has completed at least UA’s Steps One through Five with a UA Sponsor who has completed UA’s 12 Steps with a UA Sponsor.
- Has a working knowledge of the UA 12 Traditions, and when approved by the UA World Service Conference, the GSR will have a working knowledge of the UA 12 Concepts of World Service.
- Has demonstrated a consistent commitment of service in UA.
- Has 90 days solvency (solvency being self-defined).
- Will attend GSR Committee monthly meetings on the 3rd Sunday of the month from 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm Eastern Time.
- Will take notes at the GSR Committee meetings, report back to and get feedback from their meeting groups to bring to the GSR Committee.
- Will attend GSB monthly meetings on the 4th Monday of the month from 8 pm to 9 pm Eastern Time and/or read the current meeting minutes.
- Be able to serve a one to two year term.
- Represents a UA meeting that he/she regularly attends.
- Is not already acting as a GSR for another UA meeting group or Intergroup.
- Willing to attend and/or send a GSR alternate to a World Service Conference during their service term.
Mark B. from New York
Chair of the GSR Committee of UA