- Danny, Eric (acting chair), Gwyn, Mark, Phyllis (secretary), Shari Lynn; Bella (part of meeting only)
1. November 7 Meeting
- The minutes of the previous meeting were accepted as amended.
- Phyllis was elected secretary.
- The Tech committee needs to gain control of the website content before we can make meaningful progress on this.
3. Audio Recordings
- Mark will speak to Peter to talk about standards for literature committee
Approving content—we would probably approve unless content is really inappropriate.
- Mark will see if he can send his report on audio to everyone.
- Shari Lynn suggested adding recording for BUA.
4. Existing Literature
- No actions will be taken on existing literature at this time.
5. New Literature
- UA and artists—Danny L.
- Danny reported that his committee in LA completed a rough draft, and will edit it for length, and send out to everyone in two weeks, and we can discuss at next meeting.
- He will also send a draft out to old timers in the fellowship to get their input, and bring their feedback to the drafting committee.
- Business UA
- Eric will draft a pamphlet on creating a startup while in UA and bring it back to the committee.
- Shari Lynn will discuss with Eric.
- Are You an Underearner?—Gwyn
- Send additional suggestions for symptoms to Gwyn.
- UA Promises—Mark
- We looked at NYC meeting vision statement. Gwyn suggests that we write a broader vision statement, describing what your life will be like after you’ve worked the 12 steps, a statement of UA promises. Mark suggested taking notes on the Sustainable Prosperity talk of Matt from LA. Bella said that there might be a problem using that material. He is interested in working on this.
- Peter will incorporate comments that were made on the draft and circulate revised draft
- Book of Recovery Stories—Shari Lynn
- Shari Lynn has not heard back from Devon.
5. Next Meeting
The next meeting will again be the first Thursday, January 2, 9:00-10:00pm Eastern (8:00pm Central, 6:00pm Pacific).