New York UA Intergroup
May 11, 2013
- Chris W. (ISR, Sat Path to Abundance)
- Conni M. (Share-A-Day Planning Committee)
- Ed W. (GSR/ISR, Friday Brooklyn)
- Juliette (Share-A-Day Planning Committee)
- Lisa (Treasurer, ISR, Prosperity Saturdays)
- Melvin (GSR, Bronx Seeds)
- Mike M. (Chair)
- Peter (Secretary, GSR/ISR, Weds Steps & Traditions)
- Wayne (ISR, Weds Park Ave.)
Minutes of Last Meeting
|Opening Deposit (April 14, 2013)||$2,200.00|
|UA Anon Support Stipend||$150.00|
|PO Box for 6 months||$15.00|
|Rent for Share-A-Day||$50.00|
|Meeting List Copies||$54.44|
- Lisa has set up checking account for UA NY Intergroup under the UA GSB, Inc. tax ID, with Lisa and Peter as signatories. A $1,500 minimum balance is required, or there is a $12 per month fee. Two debit cards have been provided by the bank, which allow for deposits only.
- Report accepted.
- Mon BOSS: well attended.
- Tues Brooklyn: 20+ people.
- Tues Hudson: no report.
- Tues HOW: new meeting, popular, moved to a bigger room.
- Weds Norwalk: no report.
- Weds Steps: going well.
- Weds Intuition: poorly attended, may move.
- Weds Park Ave: filling room, lots of recovery, church closing for renovation, need new space for the duration.
- Weds Dobbs Ferry: new meeting.
- Weds UA Anon: new meeting.
- Thurs Steps: ~30 people.
- Thurs Westport: no report.
- Thurs Emotions: going strong.
- Friday HOW: new meeting.
- Friday Brooklyn: ~15 people.
- Friday Nyack: no report.
- Sat Norwalk: no report.
- Sat Woodstock: thriving, about 25 people, no GSR or ISR.
- Sat Path: 20-30 people, growing.
- Sat Seeds: going strong.
- Prosperity Sat: doing well, ~30 people, moved to larger room.
- Sun 13th Street: very well attended, 80+ people, doing a group inventory next week (May 19).
- Sun UA Anon: half a dozen people, unusual format.
Passed motions in bold.
UA NY Intergroup officers will have a one-year term, and a two-year term limit.
Sam was elected to be the UA NY Intergroup representative to the World Service Conference; Conni and Annie are the alternates. This role is represent the NY Intergroup on the GSB monthly calls and at the annual World Service Conference, and come back and report on proceedings.
Lisa will prepare a statement to be read in Tri-State meetings about contributing to the NY Intergroup, with the PO Box address.
The proposed format for the Share-A-Day was accepted; the planning committee can adjust the last hour of the meeting at its discretion.
Speakers were elected; the Planning Committee will reach out to them to confirm availability.
LisaV. will be the MC getting the event started and introducing speakers.
Peter S. will obtain UA pamphlets from Joe G., and print out new meeting lists, timesheets and other UA literature as appropriate, for sale at the event.
Peter S. will bring a roll of tickets.
World Service Conference Raffle Tickets
NY Intergroup will not participate in the sale of WSC raffle tickets. Members are welcome to enter the raffle directly on the website if they so choose.
- Saturday, June 8, 1:00-2:30pm, Zaro’s.
- The following topics were not covered at this meeting and are carried over, or were already on the agenda for the next meeting:
- Support for group inventories; suggesting groups hold group inventories
- Promoting UA Anon, etc.
- Distributing literature
- Outreach Officer (to interface to NY groups without an ISR)
- Please contact Peter S. with additional items for the agenda.